Thursday, July 15, 2010

before

Friday, July 9, 2010 (7:50 a.m.)

Rio Costilla Park, N Mex. 51º

Blessed Lord,

Forgive me I pray. What a witch! What a brat! Did You provide my every need? Yes! Am I safe? Yes! Fed? Yes! Warm? Well, no, and therein lies the problem. I’m DRY! I actually got to use a non-stinky port-a-potty the kind husband found for me. Yet, so very late into the night, as I shivered and fussed about the cold, I confess I forgot all about thanking You for Your many blessings from yesterday.

Lord, You got us here safely! With whatever accident it was that closed the road we were to take, we were not involved. The several hour detour we took got us here before dark AND afforded us scenery we had never seen before.

Before, Lord. Yes! Before! Psalm 139:4, “Before a word is on my tongue…”

“Go fish” interruption

Yes Lord! “Before a word is on my tongue…” YOU know exactly what is in my heart! Thank You Lord.

Thank You for shelter from the rain. Thank You for the time to get to know loved ones better. Thank You for Your Word to comfort and guide us.

You are so very good God. You created such DIVERSE majesty. Taking this trip from the strong waves of the seashore to the revegetation of the lava flow to the windy desolation of the dry, arid ruins of the Chacoan Culture to this bright sunny morning following my very first time camping in the rain, I am grateful Lord. TRULY grateful! Tell me Lord, does “In the beginning” count as “BEFORE”?

Before You created all this, “the earth was a shapeless, chaotic mess, with the Spirit of God brooding over the dark vapors” (Genesis 1:2) and ‘then You said, “Let there be light.” And light appeared.’ (v.3) How awesome is that?!

You began creating each of us as “The time came when the Lord God formed a man’s body from the dust of the ground and breathed into it the breath of life. And man became a living person” (Genesis 2:7). And when You said, “It isn’t good for man to be alone; I will make a companion for him, a helper suited to his needs” (v.18).

Way back, before all of this, You knew everything about me (Psalm 139). As I get ready to begin this day Lord, how I ask that You would “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test my thoughts. Point out anything You find in me that makes You sad and lead me along the path of everlasting life” (vs. 23, 24).

Thank You Lord. Thank You for loving me far BEFORE I ever knew You. Keep me with You this day that You would ‘bless and protect us; that Your face would radiate with JOY because of us; that You would be gracious to us, showing us Your favor, and giving us Your peace.’ (Numbers 6:24-26)

Oh Most Dear and Blessed Lord, how VERY much I love and appreciate You for all You are and all You do on our behalf. I love You SO much! Thank You. Amen.

(528 words ~ 10:32 a.m. 75º)

No comments:

Post a Comment