Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lord

Thursday, July 1, 2010 (6:53 a.m.)

Oh Lord,

Our Lord. Dear Lord. Blessed Lord. “Lord, Lord” (Matthew 7:21, 22; Luke 6:46). How grateful I am to again wake up singing Oh Lord, not he. How you can accuse him is a mystery Oops! That’s supposed to be Oh no…♫

Ah, but my mistake led me to the reminders that just because we call You Lord does NOT mean that we are doing as You would have us do. Lord, how I thank You for Your continued work in each of us. Sometimes it is so much easier than others.

What I am finding so spectacularly awesome this morning is that as soon as I went to each of the scriptures above, I was met with Your emphasis that we build our house on a firm foundation (Matthew 7:24-27; Luke 6:47-49). Lord, YOU are that foundation! Make us obedient to Your Word Dear Lord. It is absolutely not enough that we hear and agree with it. We have to obey and follow it!

Lord, I love You so much. Today holds great potential for misunderstandings, bitterness, resentments and all around grumpiness. Rather than me jumping right in and trying to set all things straight for the day, I am turning to You. YOU are our firm foundation I know I can stand secure Jesus You’re my firm foundation I put my hope in Your Holy Word I put my hope in Your Holy Word

You ARE my living hope! You are my future! You have a plan for me. Of this I’m sure, of this I’m sure.

Thank You Lord for waking me up this morning with Your name Lord on my heart, soul and mind. Let me live this day up to the standard that You have set for me.

I love You so much. Thank You. Amen.

(309 words ~ 7:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment