Tuesday, July 27, 2010

God's promises

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 (7:00 a.m.)

Good Morning Lord,

Really nice day we have so far. Birds, roosters, gentle snoring… nice sounds for waking up.

Lord God, thank You for the surprises of yesterday. Thank You for my remembrance to greet most ‘hiccups’ as they came along simply as surprises. Not judged good or bad, just a surprise.

I ask for much the same grace today Lord. I don’t know what’s in store, but whatever it is I want to be able to smile at it and think again, “Oh yeah, this is a surprise.”

Oh! That brings me right to where I want to be today. [“Oh yeah, this is a surprise!” J Thanks!] I’m asking to learn more about Your promises. A friend of a loved one told her in regards to a painfully anticipated situation not to dwell on the negative, but to look for Your promises. I like that Lord! I want to be able to do that!

My ability to memorize Scripture is ‘limited’ at best. My intentions and desire are huge. The actual success and follow through? Not so much. This is again where I look to You Dear Lord. You know what it takes. You are able where I am not.

This morning I am fully aware that to be able to look for Your promises, I need to know what they are. Romans 15:4 speaks of verse three’s reference to Psalm 69:6 by proclaiming, “Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. They give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises.”

Oh Dearest Lord, to be able to know Your Word well enough to wait patiently. Mm. That is what I pray this day. Keep teaching me to hope, be encouraged and wait. I love You so much! Thank You for Your promises. Help me to not only look for them, but to know them when I see them. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(326 words ~ 8:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment