Monday, September 21, 2026

this day

 ♪This Is the Day, this is the day

That the LORD has made, that the LORD has made

We will rejoice, we will rejoice

And be glad in it, and be glad in it


This is the day that the LORD has made

We will rejoice and be glad in it...♪

(Psalm 118:24)


Monday, September 21, 2026 (3:56 a.m.)


Dearest, Most Blessed and Glorious God,


Thank You for the decision to sing of this day to You. This day. Yes. This very day. It’s what we have. This day. This moment. This right now.


Yesterday I was asked the question of how I was. I took the longest time before answering. I considered skirting it altogether. Then I realized, even with the varying degrees of sadness and change I was experiencing at that moment, I was truly grateful.


Yes! Grateful for the love You have provided me through the years. Friendships


(4:16 a.m.)


Oh, most Blessed Father, how truly I thank You. You command us to love. And You also teach us how. Thank You for the opportunity of sitting with You. Singing to You. Smiling about You.


Even posing the question to the internet of how we are to rejoice when we don’t feel like it yields godly answers. Thank You LORD for the good You place in our paths.


There are far more things that I don’t know or understand than those that I do. So much I could fear if I allow my mind to go too far in those directions. Thank You for Your Word that teaches us what You would have us do instead.


Praise. Rejoice. Love. Thank. Mm, yes!

(5:54 a.m.)


Father, thank You for the resources You provide. The circumstances which allow and encourage us to turn to You.


Here I join myself in with the apostle Paul’s prayer for the church at Rome. “I pray that God, the source of all hope, will infuse your lives with an abundance of joy and peace in the midst of your faith so that your hope will overflow through the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romand 15:13, The Voice).


Mm, yes, Father. My ability to do anything worthwhile [like rejoicing and being glad] is absolutely dependent on the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10) flowing through Your Spirit. Do everything You must so I will make good use of all You are providing me.


I love, need, trust and want You LORD. Thank You for making me glad. Praise You, LORD. Amen.

(427 words ~ 6:28 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment