Monday, September 28, 2026

"Glorious!"

 Monday, September 28, 2026 (4:37 a.m.)


Most Dear and Glorious God and Father,


Thank You Lord. You allowed me some hours of uninterrupted sleep. I had almost given up hope for getting anymore.


I tried reading. Watching TV. Tossing. Turning. Walking through the house. And repeating the process.


Thank You for reminding me that “I love You, LORD. You are my strength” (Psalm 18:1) is my go-to verse. Remembering to 'soften my jaw and exhale with an “Ahh” sound,' here I am hours later praising You. And smiling to boot.


A new to us phrase was introduced at breakfast yesterday as one teary eyed loved one of our family group proclaimed, “This is not ‘a LOT!’ This is an ACRE!” And that was well before we learned stunning, shocking and saddening news.


Father God, thank You that You remain good (Psalm 145:7). Great (v. 7). Glorious (5). Gracious (8).


Blessed Lord, thank You for the ways You work in, with, by, through and for each of us. Dwelling deep within us. Enabling us to withstand huge trials and mishaps.


(5:05 a.m.)

Here shines Your gloriousness again!


Thinking I was looking for the Truth of Psalm 1:3. I was led instead over to Jeremiah 17:7-8.


Absolute, Blessed God and Father, thank You for the profound ways You love and care for us. Preparing us for the difficulties of life on this earth.


Here I begin at verse 5. Titled “Wisdom from the LORD This is what the LORD says: Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the LORD. [Verse 6] They are like stunted shrubs in the desert, with no hope for the future. They will live in the barren wilderness, in an uninhabited salty land.”


As I continue reading of those who trust in You, making You their hope and confidence (v. 7) I come to an extended version of Psalm 1:3.


“They are like trees planted along the riverbank, with roots that reach into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit” (8).


Blessed God, thank You for the power Your Word possesses. Power for us to live by. To put our hope and trust in.


Jesus told the Jewish leaders, “A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they [His followers] can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of” (John 10:10 The Message).


Yesterday, just hours before hearing news of the sudden, unexpected, separate deaths of two of our loved ones, I listened repeatedly to only one song. First taking the lyrics as being from my still very much loved and dear husband. Then from me to him. And finally back and forth between You singing to me and me singing to You.


Starting with the very first line, this is me to You!


♪You know I need Your love

You’ve got that hold over me 

Long as I got Your love

You know that I’ll never leave♪

(Right Down the Line)


Father thank You for allowing me to experience Your love for us on pop rock radio. Thank You for singing deeply into my very being. Preparing me to withstand such devastating news.

(6:24 a.m.)


On such a glorious [the first word I said upon seeing the sky throughout the night] morning as this, I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to encompass every single aspect of my being. Go before, behind, beside, beneath, above and within each of us, that we will be standing firmly in, with, by, through and for You as the night closes in.


“Let our roots grow down deeply in Him [Jesus], and let Him build us up on a firm foundation. [I want us to] Be strong in the faith, just as we were taught, and always spill over with thankfulness” (Colossians 2:7 The Voice).


Do all that You know is best Blessed God. We love, need, trust and want You. Use us. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(662 words ~ 6:48 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment