Saturday, September 5, 2026 (4:05 a.m.)
Holy God,
Thank You so very much. There’s such a peaceful quietness I enJOY with You. Thank You for inviting us to come to You. Just as we are.
♪… out of sadness…
… broken hearted…
… Lay[ing] down burdens…
… shame…
… hurt…
… heart…♪
(Come As You Are)
(4:31 a.m.)
The phrase “warts and all” just came to me. Changing one word, I am immensely grateful to be invited into Your presence “thoughts and all.” Thank You Father!
Because of Your perfect love (1 John 4:16-21) I don’t have to right myself before approaching You. Oh! This just got WAY deeper than I imagined!
Father, thank You for Your perfect love! That love which enables us to trust You (v. 16a). Live in You (16b). And You in us (16c). And as we do, that love grows more perfect (17a).
Lord, I’ve read these verses before. This morning they’re having such an intense impact on me. One of those “Aha!” moments to be sure.
It’s Your love that keeps us unafraid on judgment day (v. 17b). Without fear (18). Helping us love one another because You loved us first (19).
Blessed Father, how I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to continue Your work in empowering us to love, rather than hate, those we see (1 John 4:20). Following Your command that we not only love You, but also each other (v. 21).
Yes! Holy God, continue Your impeccable work in, with, by, through and for us that we will come [there’s that word again!] to love as You would have us love. You with all our heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30). And others as ourselves (v. 31a).
Tall orders to be sure. But like everything else in this life, “Nothing is impossible for God” (Luke 1:37 Common English Bible).
Let my responses to Your commands mirror Mary’s. “I am the Lord’s servant. Let it be with me as you have said” (v. 38).
Mm, yes Father. Continue inviting me that I will keep coming to tell of Your greatness (Psalm 34:3a). Exalting Your name (v. 3b). Tasting and seeing that You are good (8a). Experiencing the joys found in taking refuge in You (8b).
Thank You Father. Use me exactly as You know is best. I love, need, trust and want You. Do all You must. Praise You Lord. Amen.
(412 words ~ 5:18 a.m.)
No comments:
Post a Comment