Tuesday, September 8, 2026 (5:39 a.m.)
Holy God,
(5:48 a.m.)
I confess the reticence with which I approach You this morning. Reluctant. Disinclined. Yep! That’s the word right there. Unenthusiastic. Ill-disposed. Not in the mood.
Thank You for my interest in words Dear Lord.
(5:59 a.m.)
Mm, yes. That interest which takes me to their synonyms and antonyms. Origins. And the ways meanings have changed through time.
Thank You that in being honest with You I get to learn even more. Thank You that this honesty often leads me to searching [and finding!] verification of my own thoughts and feelings through the writing of others.
Left to my own devices I would tend to harshly criticize my reticent reluctance toward coming to You. Disheartened. Downcast.
Instead, with a willingness to just be honest with You, I am blessed by learning I am not alone in my thinking. Sometimes dragging our heels in obedience can lead to greater outcomes.
Moses called to speak to Pharaoh and Jesus’ obedience to the cross are referenced in my reading.
(6:38 a.m.)
And right in the midst I was beckoned outside to witness Your photo worthy glory in this morning’s sky (Psalm 19:1). Father, thank You for the ways You provide for us.
A stirring toward wonder and awe truly does lead to greater praise. Thank You for allowing me to sit with You in spite of the moodiness that has been surrounding me here of late.
I love, need, trust and want You Blessed God. Do all You must that I will serve and represent You well. Use me as You alone know is best. Thanking and praising You as I go. Amen.
(286 words ~ 6:47 a.m.)
No comments:
Post a Comment