Friday, September 11, 2026

carefully wanting to want

 Friday, September 11, 2026 (4:05 a.m.)

Holy God,

(4:24 a.m.)

Thank You! Mm, yes. Definite thank You!


That certainly took longer than I thought/hoped it would. Oh, but here I am. Honestly ready to give Your the thanks and praise You so rightly deserve.


Father God, how truly I thank You for the opportunity of waiting. Considering. Exploring. Wanting.


Mm, yes. Thank You God that You can take my heart and change it to Your liking (Ezekiel 36:26).


I confess to You Dearest Dad, “Thank You” comes quite readily on occasion. Thank You for the times, like just now, that You have me pause long enough to consider what exactly I’m thanking You for.


Thank You for the intensity I experienced earlier. Knowing that I was not to come before You perfunctorily. Not out of duty. Nor obligation. But out of desire. Because I truly want to be here with You.


Thank You for the opportunity of seeing, recognizing, identifying and verifying Mars in the eastern predawn sky. Father, You provide us with so many memorable moments. Thank You that You call us to be aware.

(5:15 a.m.)

Mm, yes. Aware of You. Our surroundings. Our own intentions.


Father God, I want to be careful in my choices. My thoughts. My words. My actions.


You alone are Lord (Isaiah 46:9). I want to honor and obey You. Do all You must in making me right with You (Romans 3:21-26).


I love, need, trust and want You Dear Lord. Thank You for knowing the plans You have for each of us. Plans for good and not for evil. Plans to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).


Continue Your work in, with, by, through and for me that I will grow in wanting to want what You already know is best. Use me as You wish. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(324 words ~ 5:31 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment