Thursday, September 3, 2026

equally important aspects

 Thursday, September 3, 2026 (3:19 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You for sleep. And waking. More sleep. And even more waking. Mm, yes. Both equally important aspects.

(3:45 a.m.)


Thank You for this very early morning opportunity of being up and out. Exploring various predawn details in our yard.


Holy Father, I love who You are. And the principles on which You stand.


That being the case, I want and need to know what those principals are. Thank You that You are such a loving, willing Teacher.


You provide us lessons and ample time to practice them. Thank You that You do.


(4:01 a.m.)


Right here, let me exclaim the “Wow!” that’s bubbling up inside! Yes! WOW! Thank You Father God.


You never cease to amaze and confound me. I bring the simplest first thoughts of the day and You take me to the wildest areas. Places I never expect to go.


Thank You for these past decades of learning to “give thanks in all circumstances” (1 Thessalonians 5:18). I confess. Like most every thing else I encounter in any given day, sometimes I succeed at this command better than at others.

♪They say sometimes you win some

Sometimes you lose some

And right now…♪

(Even If)


Right now, because of Your great love for every single one of us I am blessed by the hope we have in You. Thank You for the ways You have used MrecyMe’s music through the years to help center and guide me more deeply into Your Word.

♪They say it only takes a little faith

To move a mountain

Well, good thing

A little faith is all I have right now

But God, when You choose

To leave mountains unmovable

Oh, give me the strength

To be able to sing

“It is well with my soul”♪


Yes, Father! It is because of You and the faith, hope and trust we have in You that we are able to sing at all. Thank You, Lord.


The apostle Paul’s prayer for the church at Rome continues summing it up nicely for me. “I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 15:13).


Yes! Dearest Dad! Talk about equally important aspects!


Joy and peace. Confident hope and power. 


I turn in Your Word to the fruit that is ours [love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control] when we live by Your Spirit’s power (Galatians 5:22-23). Such equally important aspects. 


Also over to Paul’s directions as to where we are to “fix our thoughts. On what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. [We are to] Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise” (Philippians 4:8).


Father, again I ask You to continue Your work in me that I will be better able to follow Paul’s teachings. I want very much to learn to leave outcomes in Your fair and mighty hands (2 Timothy 4:14).

(5:33 a.m.)


Thank You for this extended opportunity to sit in Your presence. Reading in and of Your Word. Wanting desperately to absorb as much as possible.


I love, need, trust and want You Dear Lord. Do all You must that I continue learning and practicing what it is to be Yours. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(584 words ~ 5:37 a.m.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment