Wednesday, September 16, 2026

abiding gifts of grace

 Who Am I that♪


Wednesday, September 16, 2026 (5:19 a.m.)

Mm. Who am I indeed.


Thank You that You didn’t let this song go by unchecked.


♪... the Lord of all the earth would care to know my name?

Would care to feel my pain hurt?♪


Most Dear and Awesome God, You did it again! Presented me with another gift of Your grace.


Just when I was ready to give up all hope of any more sleep, You provided me two whole more hours. Complete with a restorative dream.


This at the end of 2 1/2 hours spent rehearsing past mistakes. Reimagining the woulda, coulda, shoulda opportunities I’ve missed along the way.


Father, thank You for forgiving me. Times and occurrences too many to count. Thank You for the abiding gifts of grace we have in, with, by, through and for You.


(5:51 a.m.)


Thank You for the turning these scrambled thoughts have taken. First came the ruminating. Followed by regret. Remorse. Guilt. Shame. And then? Your Truth!


Yes! Father thank You for reminding me. “I love You, LORD; You are my strength” (Psalm 18:1).


Lord God, You know the excess of circumstances where I have fallen so far short of Your mark. Common, everyday choices that led to burdens others have had to carry throughout their lives. Forgive me Father. So very many times I truly ‘knew not what I was doing’ (Luke 23:34).


Except for those times when I was fully aware. And chose against You. And Your way. Oh Lord God, 

(6:11 a.m.)


Would You just take a look at this! The same three words of the first song. Rearranged for this very occasion.


Who I Am in the eyes of the Father

Who I am His love set free

Who I was I left at the altar

I am Yours Lord, I believe♪


It is absolutely Your love that lives in each of us.


♪In every trial, lift[ing] me higher

Through the fire, hold[ing] me tighter

Remind[ing] me again I was made for more♪

(7:43 a.m.)


Mm, yes Lord. Made for more... love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. And self-control (Galatians 5:22). More of the fruit of Your Spirit.


Father, I love, need, trust and want more of You. Your will. Your way. 


♪In the water, take me under

Fill my lungs to, to speak Your wonder

You brought me out of the darkness, I was made for more…

It’s who I am

(I’m a child of the most-high God and the most-high God’s for me)♪


Continue reminding me 

♪Who I was I left at the altar

I am Yours Lord, I believe♪


I fully “Acknowledge that the LORD is God! He made us and we are His. We are His people, the sheep of His pasture” (Psalm 100:3).


Use me as only You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(490 words ~ 7:59 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment