Sunday, May 5, 2019

Open Door


Sunday, May 5, 2019 (7:02 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. I woke up singing just now. Belting out, actually. Not a new to me song for sure. Also not one I’ve ever paid any attention to before yesterday.

♪Love is an open door! …With You! …♪ It is Father. Truly.

How I never caught this before yesterday I don’t know. I’m so glad to consider Your love for us in the randomness of another Disney lyric.

I requested prayer upon prayer yesterday as I took two boys on our very first solo adventure together. Thank You that it all culminated with three excited and very pleased participants. All because of Your love for each of us.

Father, we planned. Prepared. And most of all prayed. Inviting You along. Thank You for taking such good care of each of us.

And now, about that open door. That door that Jesus spoke of concerning the church of Laodicea. Revelation 3:20. “Look! Here I stand at the door and knock. If you hear me calling and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal as friends.”

We each have the opportunity to welcome You and Your love. Or refuse. Reject. Disregard the love that You offer us.

The Life Recovery Bible’s devotional entitled Love ends by telling us, “Jesus is waiting for us to open our heart and receive His love. He said, ‘Look! Here I stand…’ (Revelation 3:20). Love is waiting. We receive it when we open up to the love God offers us.”

Yep! ♪Love is an open door! …With You! …♪ Continue Your work in teaching me to use that love well. As You know is best.

Father, I love You. I thank You. And I ask You. Do all You must in using us to share Your love and Your open door policy with others. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(317 words ~ 7:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment