Thursday, May 2, 2019

"IF"


Thursday, May 2, 2019 (5:39 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I made a mistake yesterday. More than one I’m sure. Playing different scenarios over and over in my head I quickly realized how much I don’t like the word “IF”.

If I’d done this instead of that. If I hadn’t made the decision I did. If I could do it again.

If…

Thank You that through all the thoughts that ran around in my head, my need for You ran highest. I knew I needed a way to stop the meanness I was putting on myself.

Thank You that “Immanuel Forever” came straight to my mind. Immanuel. God-With-Us. Forever. Yes! Thank You Father. "IF"

I was actually thinking how destructive that word is to our peace of mind. If this, if that, if something else. Once I substituted You into the mix, I smiled. The tension left.

Immanuel Forever! Yes. You are with us forever. We do not have to be critical. Afraid. Upset. Alone. We can choose to turn and trust in You. Thank You Father.

Thank You even more for another Truth that goes along with these two letters. "I’m forgiven." Whatever the worse possible scenario, I’m forgiven!

I no longer need to hate this word. I no longer need to fear it. Yes. I will continue to make mistakes. Rarely intentionally. And every single time You will be with me and I will be forgiven.

And here I get to read Your Word. In Isaiah. Illustrated Bible Handbook. The Book of Immanuel (Chapters 7-12). Blessed, Holy God, how I thank You.

Coming to this section because of two verses (Isaiah 8:9-10). “But face the facts, all you oppressors, and then wring your hands. Listen, all of you, far and near. Prepare for the worst and wring your hands. Yes, prepare for the worst and wring your hands! Plan and plot all you want - nothing will come of it. All your talk is mere talk, empty words, Because when all is said and done, the last word is Immanuel - God-With-Us” (The Message).

How much do I resemble this description? Prepare, plan, plot and wring my ways. Ah! “Because when all is said and done, the last word is Immanuel - God-With-Us.” Oh, yes Blessed Father. Yes! Immanuel forever.

Here [The Book of Immanuel] I get to read again of Your promise. A Word of Hope; 7:1-9. A Call to Trust the Lord (Isaiah 8:11-22; The Life Recovery Bible). Titled A Boulder Blocking Your Way in The MessageYour Word rings out hope when we read deep enough to find it.

“GOD spoke strongly to me, grabbed me with both hands and warned me not to go along with this people. He said: ‘Don’t be like this people, always afraid somebody is plotting against them. Don’t fear what they fear. Don’t take on their worries. If you’re going to worry, worry about The Holy. Fear GOD-of-the-Angel-Armies. The Holy can be either a Hiding Place or a Boulder blocking your way,’” (vs. 11-14a).

We get to read of warnings. And promises. Hope. Your anger. Judgment. More hope. The just rule of the Messiah. And Songs of Praise for Salvation (Chapter 12). All because I thought I hated the word IF.

Father, I ask You to use me this day in spreading Your Truth. The hope we have only in You. The fact that You ARE with us. Immanuel Forever!

And when I do make those mistakes that are indeed inevitable, remind me as often as You must that because of Your love and sacrifice "I’m forgiven." Thank You Father.

Provide the blessings as You know is best. Empower and enable me in using them to Your glory and the good of others. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(641 words ~ 7:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment