Saturday, May 25, 2019

being with God


Thursday, May 23, 2019 (6:18 a.m.)
Good morning Lord,

My praise for You isn’t here yet. I’m still 'thinking' more than 'being'. Oh, look. There’s a smile. Yes Father. Thank You for the concept of being with You.

And with that, I am led to read and study in the Book of James. Thank You Father. Oh yes Dearest Father, how I thank You.

Keep speaking Your Truth into me I pray. My head is swimming with information I’m sure I have read before. Jesus’ brother’s teachings of warnings and promises.

Looking in the Mirror James 1:21-25”. “JAMES & JUDE”. “Wisdom 3:13-18”. “Single-Minded Devotion 4:7-10”.

Blessed, Holy Father God, I read. Stop. Agree. Confess. And read some more. All the while acknowledging, “I do this!” I don’t mean to. Often without even realizing. But I do, all the same.

Reading first in The Message. Chapter 4, verses 7-10. “So let God work His will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and He’ll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it’s the only way you’ll get on your feet.”

Father God, I continue dabbling. I keep trying to find the compromise that enables me to have my own way.

The Voice refers to it as my mind being split down the middle, “your love for God on one side and selfish pursuits on the other.” Yes Father, I do exactly that. Loving You. All the while looking for the loophole that allows me to do whatever I want.

I need You to work Your will and Your way in me. I am asking for the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10) to equip me in “stand[ing] firm against all strategies and tricks of the devil” (v. 11b).

I confess to playing with the idea that “just little bit won’t hurt me.” I can’t handle setting my own limits. I like to think I can. But I can’t. YOU can. I will let You. Steps One, Two and Three [of twelve] once again.

Do all You must Blessed Father. I am in way over my head. Again.

Thank You for loving us so very much that You sent Your Son to die on our behalf. I love You. I thank You. I ask You... do all You must! Amen.

(430 words ~ 7:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment