Friday, April 21, 2023

starting over

Tuesday, April 18, 2023 (6:31 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You.

(8:21 a.m.)

Yes Lord, thank You!

(8:41 a.m.)


I confess to being distracted this morning. Thoughts running all over the place. Very few of them about You.


Much earlier, and long through the night, You were often the focus of my thinking. I knew and acknowledged being glad with You. In You. By, through and for You.


And now? I feel disconnected. Unable [unwilling?] to keep my thoughts on You.


Rather than fuss and fight my way to follow my own set routine, I’m turning it all over to You. Asking (Marktthew 7:7)

(9:34 a.m.)


Before even getting the ask completely out, You answered. Ultimately with peace that only comes from You. Again I say thank You.


Not perfunctorily. No. With wholehearted contentment. Knowing that You’ve got even this.


Struggling to catch hold of the gladness with which I awoke, it was in releasing my desire for more of the same that You led me back to You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises.


Do I feel glad at this very moment? Yes. A deep seated sense of all things working together for the good of those who love You and are called according to Your purpose for them (Romans 8:28).


As disjointed as my thoughts, there is an internal joy to match. Simple things are helping me smile. I find great joy in watching a young man tend to his street cleaning chore.


YOU do these things for me Blessed God! YOU provide every bit of Truth I need to carry on.


Seeking more about starting over, I came to read of Jesus and Nicodemus (John 3:1-21). Making what I thought a mistake, tapping in Mark instead of Matthew above, I received a greater gift.


Instead of correcting my error and moving on, I looked to it instead. In Mark 7:7 Jesus quoted Isaiah. Turning to 29:13, I see myself!


“And so the LORD says, ‘Theses people say they are mine. They honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. And their worship of me is nothing but man-made rules learned by rote.’”


The Life Recovery Bible footnote adds, “29:13 Greek version reads Their worship is a farce, / for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God.” Father, I want my worship of You to be all that YOU want it to be.


Use me this day. Exactly as You alone know is best. I want to love You, others and myself as You have dictated. With all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30-31).


Thank You for being the good, good Father that You are. This IS the day that You have made! I WILL rejoice and be GLAD in it!” (Psalm 118:24). Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(486 words ! 10:05 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment