Friday, April 21, 2023

choose differently

 Wednesday, April 12, 2023 (6:20 a.m.)

Stairwell

Newport Beach, CA


Again I thank You for choices Father. Feeling slighted. Take offense? Choose differently. Yes please. Continue Your work in helping me learn to choose differently.


Brains wired. Habits ingrained. Options open.


Father, You have blessed us repeatedly this past week. Bike riding. Pier fishing (and catching!). Shoreline strolling. Joke sharing. Game playing. Memories blurring. Acceptance. Choosing.


Lead me in Your Word this morning Lord. CHOICES (see also Freedom).


Thank You Father! Our choices can very well lead us to freedom. OR… bondage!


Thank You that yesterday You reminded me again of all the choices at my disposal. Hurt? Smile. Dwell on the fine, good things You provide (Philippians 4:8).


This morning Dear Lord I ask You to empower me in being “quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry (James 1:19). What about when nothing is being said? Listen harder to what is NOT being said! Expect the best, not the worse. Focus on the good, not the bad.

“Stop judging others, and you will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on you. If you forgive others, you will be forgiven” (Luke 6:37). This is where so much of my own self-doubt and insecurities lay/lie.


Thank You that even in this I get to bring it all together to You. Knowing that I can do none of the work that is necessary on my own.


In You. With You. By You. Through You. And for You I get to know, trust and believe You to be the good, good God that You are. Your Spirit’s leading and guiding, empowering and enabling is what I need to love You, others and myself as You have commanded. With all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30-31).


Do all You must Father that I will truly choose differently than my nature dictates. I love, need, trust and want You as Lord of my life. And this day that You have made (Psalm 118:24).


No comments:

Post a Comment