Friday, April 21, 2023

eagerness

Thursday, April 20, 2023 (6:20 a.m.)


Most Dear and Blessed, Awesome, Holy, Father God,


Thank You for the myriad of words that describe You. Thank You for the various songs that sing of Your love for us.


Thank You for the eagerness with which I get to start this day. THIS day that You have made (Psalm 118:24)!


A quiet, sustained eagerness. Practically imperceptible. But eager nonetheless.


♪In my Father’s house There’s a place for me I’m a child of God Yes I am♪ These are the words I woke up singing. Thank You for such an easy find Lord.


Thank You that every time my mind started to wander

(6:55 a.m.)


Those very simple words sent me on an entirely different wild goose chase! To ♪More Today Than Yesterday♪ A song with which I strongly identified exactly 54 years ago today.


Lord God, how I thank You that the object of my affection has since changed through the years. No longer do I relate this song to a specific date, time and mere mortal. No!


♪I don’t remember what day it was [Spring of 1982?] I didn’t notice what time it was All I know is that I fell in love with YOU


No comments:

Post a Comment