Wednesday, April 5, 2023

more about rejoicing

Wednesday, April 5, 2023 (6:11 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You. We get to come before You. Rejoicing. Singing. Lacking. Needing. Wanting. Grateful.

(6:30 a.m.)


And asking (Matthew 7:7)! Yes Lord. I am asking You to teach me more about rejoicing.


I woke singing of it. While ♪Bringing in the Sheaves♪ (Psalm 126:6) we are called to ♪Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS♪ (Philippians 4:4). I want to Lord. Make me able I ask.

(7:07 a.m.)


Searching. Finding. Reading. Wanting. Thanking. Praising. Mm, yes Dear Lord. Thank You for Your Word of Truth and promises.


Yes. Thank You! A Desiring God e-article introduces “a unique connection between the Holy Spirit and joy.” Describing Your Holy Spirit as “the living, personified love flowing between the Father and the Son (John 17:26).”


Going further, this love is reported as “an admiring, delighted, exulting love. It is Joy.” How fitting that the Scripture verses referenced in this reading are Jesus’ words to His disciples during Holy Week (John 12-17).


Jesus, You knew what was coming. And still You spoke of love and joy. Thank You for Your Truth!


I read. I want. To be led, guided, emboldened by the power of Your Holy Spirit in this day and age. Yes Father.


I want to love You. I want to need You. I want to trust and want You! Thank You that we get to choose to want what You have for us.


It turns out today is the National Day of Hope. How fitting that I would come to Romans 15:13. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”


My ability to rejoice in You at all times (Philippians 4:4) and to give thanks to You in all things (1 Thessalonians 5:18) is not based on my ability at all. It’s You. Your Son. And Your Holy Spirit working in, with, by, through and for me.


Make me able I ask and pray. Use me as only You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(367 words ~8:02 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment