Friday, April 21, 2023

being GLAD

 Monday, April 17, 2023 (6:02 a.m.)


Thank You Father. I woke with the song ♪He Has Made Me Glad♪ How true. How blessed. You DO make me glad Lord.


Thank You for helping me choose being GLAD. Yes Father. ♪You have made me glad… I WILL rejoice for You have made me glad♪


Your Word directs us to gladness. Just look at the Psalm (100) associated with the hymn. “Shout with joy to the LORD, all the earth! Worship the LORD with gladness. Come before Him, singing with joy” (vs. 1-2).


♪This IS the day that You have made! I will rejoice for You have made me glad♪ (Psalm 118:24).


I confess to You Dear Lord, gladness is not always my first choice. Cycling through potential responses and emotions at my disposal, being glad often straggles in toward the very end of my options.


Oh, but when it does! There truly is joy to be found. Almost as a by-product. Unintended. Yet inevitable.


Interesting that in the thinking of all the choices lying ahead of me this day ♪Jesus, Take the Wheel♪ immediately came to mind. Lord, yes! Take the wheel of this day. Make my choices the ones that will honor and glorify You the most.


I love You. I want to serve You in the way You command. Loving You, others and myself. With all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30-31).


Yes Lord. Do all You must that ♪I will enter Your gates with thanksgiving in my heart; I will enter Your courts with praise. I will say, “This is the day that the Lord has made!” I will rejoice for You have made me glad♪


I want to continue Your lesson in being GLAD. Grateful. Loved. Alert/Aware. Dependent. Do all You must Dear Lord. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(312 words ~ 7:13 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment