Monday, September 24, 2018

unexpected delight


Monday, September 24, 2018 (7:06 a.m.)
Anaheim, CA
Blessed Holy God,

Thank You. Last night I was reminded of a phrase often used in recovery. It has to do with unmet expectations and resentments. Thanks Dad!

Upon further review I found it. “Expectations are premeditated resentments.” Isn’t that a simple truth?

Mm, yes Father. Thank You for the twelvesteplessons.com entry that spells out the differences between “our preprogram self” and “our recovery self”. Thank You that Your Truth is found when we seek it.

Thank You that I can choose to steep my thoughts in bitterness and despair or I can turn (Revelation 3:19) to Your Truth every single time I recognize my will is not matching Yours for me.

Thank You that according to the Westminster Shorter Catechism, our chief purpose in life is to glorify You and enjoy You forever. Thank You that upon further study I am directed right back to Your Word.

Oh most Holy God how I thank You for the way You speak Your Truth to us. Psalm 19:7-11 Easy-to-Read Version, “The LORD’s teachings are perfect. They give strength to His people. The LORD’s rules can be trusted. They help even the foolish become wise. The LORD’s laws are right. They make people happy. The LORD’s commands are good. They show people the right way to live. Learning respect for the LORD is good. It will last forever. The LORD’s judgments are right. They are completely fair. His teachings are worth more than gold. They are sweeter than the best honey dripping from the honeycomb. His teachings warn His servants, and good things come to those who obey them.”

Hallelujah, Father! Bless You. Praise You. Glorify and enjoy You.

Even as I recall my starting thoughts of this morning I’m reminded of my catch-phrase from the beginning of this calendar year. “Surprisingly delighted” was a mindset I just now remembered. Quite the unexpected delight for me.

Dear God, I think of Your blessings. Your kindnesses. Your Truth. Your best. And I smile. Release tension. Change my habit. And praise You. Keep this smile on my heart as well as my face I pray.

As we prepare to go out into the day I ask that we would truly be delighted in the most unexpected ways. And even here I return to Your Word.

Psalm 86:11-13, “Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your Truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me; You have delivered me from the depths of the grave.”

Oh my God! The very end of this section is another unexpected delight. You HAVE delivered me from the depths of the grave! The grave of bitterness and resentments. Thank You Father. Praise You. Use me as You know is best.

I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(506 words ~ 8:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment