Sunday, September 16, 2018

settled in


Sunday, September 16, 2018 (6:51 a.m.)
Thank You God,

I had the chance to say that to You yesterday. I picked extra rest. I had the same chance several hours ago. I chose to play crosswords. This time, I choose You. Thank You.

Yes God. Thank You. 

I recognized when I was feeling unsettled. I instantly realized I had knowingly skipped time with You.

Thank You that as soon as I identified the problem, I settled in. Relaxed. Took comfort in knowing that You are constant. Thank You Father.

Thank You that in looking up the meaning of ‘settled’, I again breathed in deeply and smiled. Mm, yes. Thank You.

“Resolved. Cleared up. Ended. Fixed. Worked, ironed, straightened out. Set right. Rectified. Remedied. Reconciled. Put in order. Sorted out. Tidied up. Arranged. Organized. Ordered. Calmed, quieted down. Soothed. Pacified. Be stilled…”

The list continues almost ad infinitum. Which, in itself helps me smile again. “Forever, always, endlessly, unceasingly, evermore…” These meanings drive my thoughts straight over to You.

You calm us. Unendingly. Thank You Father. Your Word is Truth. Your promises powerful. Thank You that in remembering Your call for us to “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10a) we truly get to settle in.

The Message uses this description. “Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything.”

I did. And You settled me. Thank You Father. Use me well this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(255 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment