Tuesday, September 11, 2018

presence and guidance


Patriot Day, Tuesday, September 11, 2018 (6:44 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

We love You. And we’re thankful. You are good. You are holy. And today I feel more than a twinge of sadness.

It started last night. I was keenly aware of the ache in my heart. Again, and again, and again we turn to You. Thank You Father. Thank You that You never leave us alone.

My first thinking this morning was that of the Pledge of Allegiance. With tears in my eyes I wonder, are we truly “one nation under God”? Indivisible? With liberty and justice for all? There are so many who beg to differ.

Father, You are our God. My next thought was in singing ♪God Bless America, land that I love Stand beside her And guide her♪ Oh yes most Blessed God, we are in such need of Your presence and guidance.

Thank You. Thank You that when our hearts are full, of hope or sadness, we get to come to You. Asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7). I am here with a nation of others. Remembering. And ultimately rejoicing. You will show me how. I have no doubt.

Thank You Father. Teach us. Use us. Guide and protect us. We love You. We need You. We thank You. We ask Your presence and Your guidance. Thank You. Amen.
(223 words ~. 7:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment