Friday, September 14, 2018

"ohsome"


Friday, September 14, 2018 (5:35 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Again!

Yes Father. Thank You for the ability of saying, “Thank You” to You and meaning it.

You are so incredibly good to us. You provide our needs. Change our thinking. Work in our hearts and our souls. Allow us to grow. And learn. Make mistakes. Offer and experience forgiveness. Thank You Father.

Thank You that You are generous with Your love. With Your resources. With
(6:44 a.m.)

And right there I did some checking and went right back to sleep. Thank You Father that I was able to verify You as the generous God You are.

Thank You also for the newish word You provided me truly half way through the night. Waking just after midnight I came out here to see if I could find any listing for “ohsome” and I did!

One definition in Urban Dictionary says, “like awesome; uses the exclamation ‘oh!’ and the word ‘awesome’ in combination in order to communicate that whatever the person is talking about is shockingly awesome and encourages a witness of whatever the person is talking about to say ‘oh!’” That’s pretty much what I was thinking.

YOU are shockingly awesome! And I would love to encourage all who hear me speak of You to resoundingly say, “OH!”

Yes Father, You are ohsomely generous. Reading in Ephesians (1:6-8) I marvel at Your generosity. “So we praise God for the wonderful kindness He has poured out on us because we belong to His dearly loved Son. He is so rich in kindness that He purchased our freedom through the blood of His Son, and our sins are forgiven. He has showered His kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.”

Citing a section from Our Daily Bread [June 9, 2014] under the title 'Generous God' again I see You as ohsome. “At times we think God hasn’t provided for us as we would like. But if He never did anything more than forgive our sins and guarantee heaven for us, He has already been abundantly generous! So today, let’s rejoice in our generous God.”

Oh! Yes!

Continuing the quote excites my being as I wholeheartedly agree. “Lord, remind me often that You have been exceedingly generous to me. Help me to extend that generosity of spirit toward those around me, so that they may know who You are and rejoice in You.”

Yes. Yes, Oh, yes!

Thank You for Your generosity. Thank You for Your ohsomeness. We love You. Use us well we pray. Thank You Father. Amen.
(434 words ~ 8:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment