Monday, September 3, 2018

release


Saturday, September 1, 2018 (7:02 a.m.)
Holy God,

I am confessing irritation right now. My apple cart was upset and I have yet to right it. Work in me I pray.

Let me shift over to thanking and praising You to see if that helps. Thank You Father.

Thank You for sights and smells. Thank You for adventure and opportunity. Thank You for the choice to come be here with You instead of staying in my stuck mindset.

Yes Father. I look to You for release. Mm, yes Father. Release!
(7:46 a.m.)

I seem to be caught in a loop. That vicious cycle of knowing what is good and right (Your Word, Your will, Your way) and choosing instead bitterness, resentment, unforgiveness.

Forgive me Father. I read Your Word. Isaiah 61:1-3. Luke 4:18-21. I know You to be good. Wise. All-knowing. Faithful. Forgiving. Still, I throw out “But… And what about…?”

Do in and with, by, through and for me right now that which I am completely unable [unwilling?] to do myself. Release hurt feelings. Let go of one tiny little hiccup. You have Your work cut out for Yourself in me.

This morning I read of the “oil of gladness”. Something of which I am completely unfamiliar and desperately need. I look to You. In need of Your loving forgiveness. Knowing that I must forgive to be forgiven.

Thank You Father.

Jesus announced, “This Scripture (Isaiah 61:1-2) has come true today before your very eyes!” I smile repeatedly to think of all this Truth means for me.

I confess to You Dearest Father. I can be so incredibly selfish. Self-absorbed. Self-indulged. Thank You that Jesus came to set us free of ourselves!

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for He has appointed me to preach Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, the blind will see, that the downtrodden will be freed from their oppressors” (Luke 4:18; Isaiah 61:1). 

Various interpretations of Your Word use phrases to describe release. Set free. Deliverance. Liberty. Pardon. Forgiveness. Yes Father. These are important words.

New Living Version translates it thusly, “The Spirit of the Lord is on Me. He has put His hand on Me to preach the Good News to poor people. He has sent Me to heal those with a sad heart. He has sent Me to tell those who are being held that they can go free. He has sent Me to make the blind to see and to free those who are held because of trouble.”

Mm, yes Father. Thank You. Thank You for Truth. Hope. Your love. Freedom. Release. Pardon.

I love You. I want to serve You. Well. Help me forgive, that I will truly be forgiven. Use me. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(489 words ~ 8:36 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment