Friday, September 28, 2018

fountain of life


Friday, September 28, 2018 (8:46 a.m.)
Holy God,

I love You.
(9:11 a.m.)

Thank You that I get to take such a natural statement back to Your Word. And wonder.

Not in an “Is this true?” type of thinking. No. In a “There is SO much more that I don’t know” kind of way.

Thank You Father. Thank You that in considering my love for You, I get to read so much more about Your love and provision for each of us.

Again, I sit in awe and wonder. Thank You.

Reading in Psalm 36 (vs. 8 and 9) I am amazed by the sheer poetry of the psalmist. Reading up further to the beginning again I am stopped. Verse 5, “Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies.”

New Living Translation says, “… beyond the clouds.” Father, it seems every single time I get a hint of understanding, another set of words boggles my mind and my appreciation of You grows all the more.

Thank You Father. I can come to You with a simple enough statement like, “I love You” and have my mind blown by descriptions of how You love us.

“How priceless is Your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of Your wings” (v. 7). Praise You Father.

The more I read of Your provision, the more I want to know. Experience. Share.

Blessed God, I cannot even begin to describe all that is going on within me as I read verse eight, “… You give them drink from Your river of delights [pleasures, pure joy, goodness, delicacies, good things, overflowing kindness].” And this is just the beginning. The tip of the iceberg of all You provide.

“For You are the fountain of life, the light by which we see” (v. 9). Again I am lost in the poetry of Your Truth.

Because we love You we get to come unto You (John 7:37-39). Thank You Father.

Use us exactly as You know is best. Continue teaching and guiding us to Your good and to You glory. We love You. And we long to serve You well.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(370 words ~ 10:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment