Thursday, September 13, 2018

standing on the Truth


Thursday, September 13, 2018 (6:50 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You that You are good. You are holy. You never change. Thank You that we can count on You. Stand on Your Word.

Talk with me this morning about this important practice. Standing on the Word of God.

And You do. Before I even ask, I am directed to read in Ephesians of The Whole Armor of God. Illustrated Bible Handbook titles it “Chapter 6:10-20. A Strong People”.

I feel strengthened as I remember Your call to “Be strong with the Lord’s mighty power” (v. 10). Being reminded that we are not in a battle with flesh and blood, “but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world” (v. 12b).

Oh most Holy God, You provide us such hope. Your Word tells us again and again that we are to turn to You. In doing so we are reminded to do this, don’t do that. And it all makes so much sense. When I’m here with You.

It’s taking Your Word, Your warnings, Your promises with me into the day that sometimes gets tangled. Even here, as I consider the mistakes I so often make, I am directed to Ephesians 4:3. “Always keep yourselves united in the Holy Spirit, and bind yourselves together with peace.”

Mm. Truth. So much Truth is found when searching and depending on Your Word. Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit.

There is so very much going on in the world today. Potential disaster at most every turn. How I pray Blessed Father that You would truly guide and direct Your people to obedience to Your Word.

I fall so short. I don’t love or forgive as Your Word commands. I have constructed more than a few hurdles and deterrents through the years. Here again, I turn to You. Knowing, believing, trusting that You are far stronger 

(12:30 p.m.)

And then the phone rang. People came over. Eye glasses have been misplaced. Now, back to You. And Your armor.

Not seeing well is currently my focus [no pun intended]. I’m asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) Your help in this process. There are so many things out of place, I truly don’t know where to find them. Again, I leave this at Your feet.
(1:57 p.m.)
The absolute, most perfect spot!

Many minutes after making that statement, more people and VICTORY! Glasses found. Thank You God. Seemingly such a minor event, yet enough to make one wonder. Even doubt my own mental state.

Plenty of variables in the morning to truly throw me out of my comfort zone. And still I smile after having shown so much of my inner workings to others. Thank You Father.

Thank You for taking me from standing on Your Truth, to the importance of putting on Your whole armor and then sharing my shortcomings so openly. Thank You Father.

Use me as You know is best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(509 words ~ 2:33 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment