Friday, September 21, 2018

our Center


Friday, September 21, 2018 (8:48 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You that You are our Center.
(10:24 a.m.)
Mm, yes Father. Thank You!

From the time I started here with You circumstances have taken a turn. My feelings got hurt. I’ve stomped and stormed and silenced myself. Yet here You are. Our Center.

Thank You Father. I get to balance my thoughts and attitude with that which You would have of me.
(3:20 p.m.)

And I’m back. Far more settled than before. Thank You for the idea of You as Center. It helped ease my wrath.

Thinking of You at the center of my being I was able to remember the Truth of the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23a). Fully believing that “There is no law against behaving in any of these ways.”

Thank You Father. You kept my voice even. Controlled. Loving. Kind. Respectful. Honest. Open. Willing. And healing conversation ensued.

Hours later, I’m feeling weary. Having worked non-stop and accomplished much, a yet to be fully resolved issue has again reared its head.

Beginning to take another spin on the crazy cycle of miscommunication I turned instead to Your Word. And smiled.

Colossians 3:17, “And whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through Him to God the Father.” Yes. Thank You Father.

Truly, Your Word never disappoints. Looking to verse 12, “Since God chose you to be the holy people whom He loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.”

As if that isn’t enough, I continue. “You must make allowance for each other’s faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you. So you must forgive others” (v. 13).

But wait! There’s more, “And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are all called to live in peace. And always be thankful” (vs. 14-15).

And it just keeps getting better. “Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use His words to teach and counsel each other. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts” (16). Praise You Father. Thank You for Your Truth.

Here again, I look to You as our Center. Under Instructions for Christian Households these two verses concerning marriage: “You wives must submit [follow the lead, yield to the authority, be supportive and tenderly devoted, understand and support, adapt] to your husbands, as is fitting for those who belong to the Lord. And you husbands must love your wives and never treat them harshly” (18-19).

It all makes perfect sense. Even seems simple enough. Oh, but it's not easy!

With You as our Center, make us able to live as You would have us live. Continue Your work in teaching us what true love and respect for one another really looks like.

We love You Father. We need You. We trust You. And we ask You. Be here with us. Working for, in, by and through us. Thank You. We love You. Amen.
(558 words ~ 4:27 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment