Wednesday, September 19, 2018

triggers


Wednesday, September 19, 2018 (7:27 a.m.)
Good morning God,

Thank You for the many ways Your Word is triggered in my mind. I start off thinking one thing, a song pops in and off I go in another direction.

Thank You Father. Thank You that You are so good. That was my first thought this morning. Followed almost immediately by the resounding inner singing of ♪Our God is a God who saves… “Let God Arise”… Our God reigns now and forever♪

Praise You Father. A single thought begins [sparks, triggers] the search for Your Truth. Thank You. Praise You. Bless You.

Singing a line from one worship song sung in church on Sunday reminded me to look up the lyrics to another. I remembered writing down key phrases so I could find it. 

♪Worthy… Holy… Show me… We live for You… There is none like You♪ Then the line that sums it up, ♪I will “Build My Life” on Your firm foundation♪.

Thank You Father. One thought can take me in any number of directions. I check notes (Jeremiah 31:33). Turn pages. Read jottings. Breathe deeply. And praise You.

I sit here. Bible open. Triggered over to Philippians (1:3-6), The Sharing of Christian Joy. Reading The Life Recovery Bible RECOVERY THEMES, “We can have joy even during the tough times - because real joy does not come from outward circumstances but from inward strength.” 

Pouring over verses. Reading. Hoping. Scanning. Praying. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Wondering. Breathing.

Mm, yes Father. Empower me in sharing the joy that is found in You.

(9:37 a.m.)
Then BAM! A completely unexpected trigger of events.

Previously unopened envelopes. A mistaken assumption. An overdue bill. Panicked thinking. Frantic phone calls. Tense body. Swimming thoughts.

And then? Calm. Why? I remembered. I am a BE-ing, not a DO-ing. Thank You Jesus.

I am called to BE: loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and self-controlled.

Yes! Said this way in the Contemporary English Version, “God’s Spirit makes us loving, happy, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and self-controlled. There is no law against behaving in any of these ways. And because we belong to Christ Jesus, we have killed our selfish feelings and desires” (Galatians 5:22-24). Your Spirit makes us these things.

Your Word, Your Truth, Your promises trigger joy. I look. I read. I think. I hope. Thank You. Praise You. Bless us. Keep us. Use us. Exactly as You wish.

We love You. We thank You. We trust You. We need You. Thank You, we pray. Amen.
(400 words ~ 10: 11 a.m.)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment