Wednesday, July 18, 2018

unshakable, assured, deeply at peace


Wednesday, July 18, 2018 (7:54 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You. I love You. My ear hurts. I’m tired. And You are still good. All the time.

Thank You that all may not go well in my world and that is just as Jesus promised. John 16:33. The Message. “I’ve told you all this [He won’t be abandoned, The Father is with Him] so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I’ve conquered the world.”

Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus. I get to turn it all back to You. My focus. My thoughts. My hope. My trust.

You are good. Your promises are true. The Life Recovery Bible comment “16:33 In this world, especially in recovery, we encounter ‘many trials and sorrows,’ many of them beyond our control. These can be endured with God’s help. On the other hand, some of our suffering is self-inflicted and can be avoided.”

In this particular case I cite swimmer’s ear. Easily avoided by a simple mixture of rubbing alcohol and white vinegar. Vigilance having given way to lackadaisy. Indifference. Lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy.

And right there I am back at Revelation 3:14-21. The Message to the Church in Laodicea. “I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish you were one or the other!” (v. 15).

My heart quickens with excitement. As I consider Your words of Truth, a devotional on “Love READ REVELATION 3:14-22 … Trying to love without first receiving God’s love is like trying to water something with a hose that’s disconnected from the faucet. When we receive God’s unconditional love, we can begin to love ourself. We are then told to love others as we love ourself and as Jesus has loved us. There is a boundless reservoir of love available to us; but without receiving the love of God in Christ, we will quickly run dry.”

Oh HALLELUJAH! Blessed Jesus. Thank You! I had the choice of keeping all my whining in my head. Thank You that I opted to bring all my complaining to You.

You are good. All the time. Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. I love You. I thank You. My time here is up. Go with me, before me, behind me, beside me, above me, beneath me. I love You so much. Thank You. Amen.
(422 words ~ 8:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment