Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Hallelujah, praise the Lord


Wednesday, July 25, 2018 (5:00 a.m.)
Thank You Father,

I love waking up and having my very first thought be that of a six year old in the backseat of the car singing ♪We’re having a salvation celebration, Get abroad the gospel train. Salvation Celebration, Hallelujah, praise the Lord♪ Yes. Mm, yes. Hallelujah, praise You Father.

It’s scheduled to be a busy day. I want to rest a bit more. Let my praise be to You, ♪Hallelujah, praise the Lord♪
(6:32 a.m.)
Thank You for more rest.

Yes Father. Thank You for more rest. And clearer thinking. 

Blessed God, I keep making mistakes. Most everywhere I turn, the end result of my efforts is not to my liking. Work in and with me this day, won’t You?

Yes. Your will. Your Way. Your Word. Mm, yes. Your Word!

Thank You for Your Word Blessed God. This morning I turn again to The Passion Translation. And smile. Reading the Psalms here is like poetry.

I confess to You that once more I fell in to the trap of thinking I didn’t have time to be here with You. That sleep and programs and other things were more important uses of my time. It never works out that way.

Thank You for Your gentle reminders. And Your ever faithful forgiveness.

Thank You that I get to read. And rest. Read. And rest some more.

Your Word inspires me. Delights. Encourages. Rebukes and reminds me. Thank You Father.

Subheadings for certain Psalms lead me to reading, learning and yearning for more. Psalm 113:1 [God Is Kind], 146:1 [Our True Help], 147:1 [Our Amazing God], 149:1 [Triumphant Praise].

It’s Psalm 148 where I settle in. [The Cosmic Chorus of Praise] How poetic is that? Just reading those five words my heart quickens.

Illustrated Bible Handbook calls it, “Praise to God offered by the entire universe.” Just think of it, a cosmic chorus of praise!

And this comment from The Life Recovery Bible, “God deserves for all the good we receive day by day. Not the least of these benefits is the help He gives us in restoring our life to health and sanity. There was a time we felt out of control; now God is making us strong. That should give us ample reason to join the rest of the universe in a chorus of ceaseless praise.” Yes! Oh yes.

Father, thank You. Praise You. Truly. Let me join my praise with that of the universe. You make Your people strong (v. 14). And I am grateful.

Forgive my self-indulged absence. I so much prefer time here with You. Thank You for Your love. Be in and with me as I leave here to get on with the day. I love You. Hallelujah, praise You Lord! Thank You. Amen.

(474 words ~ 7:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment