Sunday, July 8, 2018

think on these things


Sunday, July 8, 2018 (7:30 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You. You are good. All the time. Thank You that You are.

There is so much in the world that is not. And now, with tears in my eyes I quote back to You the apostle Paul’s words to the believers in Philippi.

“Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into His most excellent harmonies” (Philippians 4:8-9; The Message).

It’s easy for me to fret. Stew. Build mountains out of molehills. How much better it is when I acknowledge Your sovereignty. Your power. Dominion. Control.

Yes. You are in control. Thank You Father. Praise You.

I get to read of this section of Scripture and be reminded that “True happiness can be found in every situation of life when we recognize that God is at work and always in control. Because Christ is with us and His return is certain, we can act calmly in pain and difficulty. Peace and joy come when we focus on those things that provide lasting value to our life” (4:4-9The Life Recovery Bible).

You do that for us. YOU provide lasting value to our life. Your Word provides lasting value to our lives. Your Truth. Your promises.

“The more we commit ourself to knowing God’s will through prayer and study of His Word, the better prepared we are to help ourself and others in the process of recovery.”

Quoting from Illustrated Bible Handbook my heart quickens as I am reminded of the “rich promises which are ours through our relationship with the Lord.” Paul told of the joys that are found through that connection.

“In Christ we have release from anxiety, for we can express every need to God and experience peace (5-7). In Christ we can concentrate our attention on the true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, and praiseworthy (8). In Christ we can put godly living into practice, and have the assurance that the God whose presence means inner peace will be with us (9).”

Yes Blessed Jesus. Yes!

I ask You Dearest Lord to continue Your work in, with, by, through and for me that I would truly “put godly living into practice.” I long to experience life in You as the “source of constant joy” Your Word promises.

I love You Father. I need You. I want You. I thank You. I ask You. Thank You. Amen.
(464 words ~ 8:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment