Friday, July 6, 2018

heartened


Friday, July 6, 2018 (7:10 a.m.)
Holy God,

It’s supposed to be extremely hot today. We’ve all been warned. And I confess the thought is truly daunting.

Mm, Father, thank You that even as I consider the meaning of the word I smile as I see the antonym. Hearten. CHEER (UP), encourage, raise someone’s spirits, boost, buoy up, perk up, inspire, elate, comfort, reassure.

You do that for us Father. You buoy us up. Inspire and uplift us. We are so blessed to be loved by You.

Turning to Acts 20 I am again heartened. I read of Paul’s encouraging, obedient nature. And I am grateful for his example.

We have tasks we would like to accomplish this day Blessed God. Chores that have been postponed for weeks. Be with us Lord.

I tend to go off on my own, not always using good sense. I look to You Dear Lord. And herein lies the hope. The Truth.

Looking to You, I turn to Your Word and read of the apostle Paul being “compelled by the Spirit” (v. 22). He was so in tuned to Your plan for him that he was willing to follow You through the most difficult of circumstances.

Thank You for the precedent he set for us Dearest Lord. Continue Your work in guiding and directing me this day. I long for You to lead that I will follow. I love You. Use me as only You can. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(248 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment