Saturday, July 7, 2018

looking for the best


Saturday, July 7, 2018 (7:04 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You Father. My mind tells me one thing. My heart another. I wait. I pray. And again I experience, “We don’t know what we think we know.”

Mm, yes. So often I feel absolutely sure of certain circumstances only to find out I couldn’t be more wrong. Thank You Father for helping me learn to think the best instead of the worst.

It’s not easy. I tend to jump to wrong conclusions. Often. I build cases in my head about my own rightness, only to find out my thinking is flawed. Thank You Father.

I am here asking You to continue Your work in me. I long to live Your Word when it comes to love. What it is. What it isn’t, according to 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.

Mm, yes Father. Empower and enable me to love as You would have me love. I confess Blessed Father, more often than not, I don’t. Oh, but I want to.

Worldwide English tells us, “Love forgives everything. Love is always trusting, and always hoping, and never gives up” (v. 7).

Amplified Bible, Classic Edition, “Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].”

And this from The Passion Translation beginning with verse six, “Love joyfully celebrates honesty and finds no delight in what is wrong. Love is a safe place of shelter, for it never stops believing the best for others. Love never takes failure as defeat, for it never gives up.”

Such a tall order Lord! Do all You must Most Holy God in making me the woman You would have me be. Never giving up. Never losing faith. Always hopeful, and enduring through every circumstance (New Living Translation).

Do all that is necessary with, in, by, through and for me that I would truly come to look for the best in others. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.

(347 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment