Sunday, February 11, 2018

Your good and perfect plan


Thursday, February 8, 2018 (6:44 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You!

Thank You for Your presence. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your guidance. Thank You for ??? Yes. What else is there?

Your plan. Your perfection. Your goodness. Mm, yes. Your good and perfect plan.

Most Dear and Holy God, thank You that I don’t know what today or tomorrow holds. Thank You that I get to be content in believing that You do.

Thank You for the privilege of learning to trust You. You are good. Your plan is perfect. And although I, more often than not, don’t have a clue what’s coming next, I am so very grateful to be able to say, “I trust You Jesus”.

Holding on to You is my lifeline. Pouring over Your Word is emotional to say the least!

Starting at Isaiah 46:10, “Only I can tell you what is going to happen even before it happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.” Who can argue with that?

Reading over in the Psalms (27:13-14) I am reminded in The Life Recovery Bible comment that “We must determine, one day at a time, to follow God, patiently and confidently waiting for Him to protect and lead us.” Yes! Thank You for the hope that comes with Your Truth.

It is Psalm 16 that actually brings me to tears this morning. From David’s initial plea, “Keep me safe, O God, for I have come to You for refuge” (v. 1) I feel my soul nourished. He looked to You as his source of strength and joy. Aww, deep cleansing breath.

My head continues nodding through the verses. Yes. I agree. “You ARE my Master!” (v. 2). “All the good things I have come from You.”

It is You, “the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me” (7). I feel empowered as I read, “I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me” (8).

Thank You Father!

“No wonder my heart is filled with joy, and my mouth shouts His praises! My body rests in safety” (9). Yes Father, thank You.

Thank You that truly “You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your presence and the pleasures of living with You forever” (11). Thank You that we do not have to live a life of fear, but one of joy and peace of mind and heart.

Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You Holy Spirit. I love You. I trust You. I need You. Use me this day exactly as You wish. Thank You. Amen.
(454 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment