Monday, February 12, 2018

a tree of life


Monday, February 12, 2018 (7:13 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You. Again I start with the simplicity of those two words. They sound so much kinder than the growls and grumbles ramble around inside me.

Thank You for Your Truth. Thank You for Your Word. Thank You for the readiness with which to approach You.

Thank You for the ease in finding the words to the children’s praise song that immediately started singing itself to me. Charity Churchmouse’s The Warm Up Song. ♪Ha-Hallelujah, let’s warm our hearts to Jesus Ha-hallelujah, let’s all warm up with praise♪

Mm, yes. Warming up. Thank You Jesus.
(7:53 a.m.)

I am confessing irritability to You. There’s an underlying annoyance that keeps getting in my way. Something’s there that I don’t want to look at. Something unknown to me that I just want to get past.

Let’s start with that, shall we?

I want to thank. I love to praise. Breathing deeply helps so much. Then come the grumbles and growls. Forgive me I pray.

You have blessed us so incredibly much. I believe and trust You. I read Your Word and smile. I know You to be good. Thank You that You are.

Again I turn to Your Truth. Knowing, trusting, believing, asking. Yes Father, I am here asking You to do all You must in making me into the woman that You would have me be. One whose tongue is wholesome, gentle, soothing, healing, kind, peaceable, pleasant (Proverbs 15:4).

And here come the tears. Stinging my eyes.

Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit. Thank You for Your Word which is “full of living power… sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires… expos[ing] us for what we really are” (Hebrews 4:12).

You know exactly who and what I am. You know the my deepest hurts. And doubts. Thank You that You are bigger than them all.

I make mistakes. Don’t always use time well. Doubt myself and my abilities. And still You love me. Thank You Father.

Thank You that I get to come before You broken and sad. And You strengthen and heal me.

Sitting up straighter, smiling bigger, breathing deeper, I turn back to the Proverb (15:4) which speaks of “a tree of life”. The Passion Translation says, “When you speak healing words, you offer others fruit from the tree of life. But unhealthy, negative words do nothing but crush their hopes.”

Your Truth is so concise. The Living Bible, “Gentle words cause life and health; griping brings discouragement.” The Message, “Kind words heal and help; cutting words wound and maim.”

I look to You, confessing my attempt to do these past few days on my own. I have not turned to with the simplest plea. Please Father, do for me all that I cannot do for myself. Loving others as You would have me love. Keeping my words [and my thoughts] kind.

I love You Father. Help me accomplish today that which You would me do. Perhaps a mountain of laundry? Some sorting and organizing? You know where You would have me start. With a ♪Ha-hallelujah…♪

Yes, Father! Thank You. I love You. I need You. I want You. I choose You. Use me as You wish. Amen.
(558 words ~ 8:44 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment