Sunday, February 11, 2018

Source of Power and Peace


Sunday, February 11, 2018 (11:38 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I just noticed another mistake. Simple enough. Easy to change. And I’ve decided to leave it alone and talk to You about it instead.

The other day (2/6/18) I planned to title a prayer “Source of Peace”. Inadvertently, rather automatically, it instead reads “Source of Power”. How cool is that? While considering You as our Source of Peace is relatively new to me, knowing You as our Source of Power came naturally.

Thank You Father. As our true Source of Power and Peace, I come to You right now feeling somewhat anxious. Irritated. Troubled. Bothered. I’ve made another mistake. Pushed something on the computer I should not have with no idea how to undo it.

I think of the insignificance of this tiny problem, yet I’m allowing it to take me quite near the proverbial edge. Help me I pray. “I trust You Jesus” is not cutting it right now.
(11:57 a.m.)

Mm, with a push of another button things have somehow improved. I confess to feeling even more unsettled. Blessed God, I don’t like not knowing what I’m doing.

Trusting You with life issues is one thing. Computer problems are quite another. Thank You for being SO much bigger than my tiny understanding of all things.

Thank You for allowing me to settle in and trust You even when I don’t know that is what I am doing. Just pausing. Confessing. Asking. And trusting You to change what I can’t is absolutely amazing.

Father, I ask You to take this day and the time You have allotted us to Your good and to Your glory. I love You. I long to serve You. And yes… I trust You Jesus! Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(299 words ~ 12:16 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment