Tuesday, February 20, 2018

for four (4:4)


Tuesday, February 20, 2018 (6:53 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. For four days we got to look at things through the eyes of a four year old. Thank You Father.

“For four” makes me think “Chapter 4, verse 4” and I turn to Galatians. “But when the right time came, God sent His Son…” The right time. Your Son. You knew what You were doing. 

Keep working in me to trust and believe that ‘You did this so that Jesus could buy freedom for those who were under the law. Your purpose was to make us Your children’ (v.5).

Truly Father, I long to live each day as Your child. ‘That is why You sent the Spirit of Your Son into our hearts. The Spirit cries out, “Father, dear Father”’ (6). Yes. Watching the love this particular four year old has for his parents and sibling gives me pause.

Yes Father. I want to love You as freely as a four year old; with the maturity of a grown up. Teach me the balance between complete freedom and whole-hearted obedience.

Over these past four days I witnessed first hand the fuming attitude of tasks being completed under protest. How often do I stop and growl at You, rather than embrace whatever it is You ask of me?

I love You Father. Help me become the loving, obedient child You sent Your Son to buy freedom for. Yes. Empower, embolden and enable me to this end. I love You. I thank You. I ask You. Amen.
(259 words ~ 8:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment