Sunday, February 4, 2018

trusting Jesus


Sunday, February 4, 2018 (7:37 a.m.)
Holy, Father God,

Thank You. It’s been a month since I started saying, “I trust You Jesus” on a regular basis. It’s becoming almost second nature.

Thoughts scramble in my mind. Each wanting my attention. Deep breath, followed by several “I trust You Jesus”es and I truly find myself settling. Mind. Body. Heart. Soul. Thank You Jesus.

Thank You that I get to practice truly putting my faith in You. Believing in You. Relying and depending on You. Yes. Trusting You to be and do all You have promised. Thank You.

I get to sit here. Reading. Singing. Hoping. Praying. Hymns remind me ♪’Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus, Just to take Him at His Word♪ and again I smile. Hope. Settle. Rest.

Thank You that I do NOT know what tomorrow [or the next moment] holds. But I DO know Who holds it! Our good and loving, faithful, kind and perfect God and Father.

Jesus, at Your last supper, You told Your disciples, “Don’t be troubled. You trust God, now trust in me” (John 14:1). It’s through You that we come to know Him. You. “… the Way, the Truth and the Life” (v. 6).

The Life Recovery Bible comment (14:1-4) tells us, “We receive lasting comfort by putting our trust in God.” So true!

“Sometimes God gives us immediate deliverance from a painful situation. More often, He walks with us as we struggle with problems that never seem to end.” Hence the vital importance of trusting Jesus.

Hm… ♪Trusting Jesus ~ Simply trusting everyday, Trusting through a stormy day; Even when my faith is small, Trusting Jesus - that is all. Trusting as the moments fly, Trusting as the days go by; Trusting Him what e’er befall, Trusting Jesus - that is all♪

The comment cited above concludes, “God allows us to experience such trying circumstances to build character in us and strengthen our faith. When we place our trust in Jesus, we receive His peace in this life and the promise of a home with Him in eternity.”

Trust Jesus and receive His peace. It’s happening. I’m aware of it more often than not. Thank You. Praise You. Use me this day as You wish. I love You. Amen.
(378 words ~ 9:04 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment