Wednesday, February 14, 2018

"Please Daddy, fix it!"


Ash Wednesday, February 14, 2018 (6:54 a.m.)
Holy, Loving God and Father,

Thank You. Praise You. Bless You. Keep You.

Where to start? Your peace. Your perfect peace!

I experienced it for a moment. I’m not sure if it was late last night or very early this morning. All I know is that I was extremely aware of being present, in that exact bit of time, wondering, “What is this feeling?”

There was a noticeable lack of any concern. A truly settled calmness all about and within me. That’s when I knew. THIS is ♪the peace that passes understanding down in my heart♪ I have sung about all these years.

I went to sleep ruminating on Mark 12:29-30. “Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord, and you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength” (International Standard Version).

Mm, yes Father! YOU are God. I am not.

Mistakes I have made throughout my life are coming back to show their fruit. Some of them are quite ugly and destructive. While my first instinct is to focus on the cause and effect, instead I consciously give them to You with my heartfelt plea, “Please Daddy, fix it!”

Yes. Daddy! You were there through every single misstep. And here we are. Me, fully aware of my need for You. Heart, broken. Spirit, hopeful! You showed me Your perfect peace. I experienced its taste. I liked it. I want more.

Today we enter the season of Lent. I am unsure what exactly You would have me do with that. And I trust You to show me.

Perhaps a six week study of Galatians Chapter 6. Living the New Life? 

My past is what it was. Sins and mistakes I did before this moment cannot be undone. What I do from here on out will certainly have their own set of consequences. I look to You in empowering me to make the wholesome choices You would have me make.

This life I am living is Yours. Make it everything You want it to be. I love You Daddy God. I trust You to “fix it”!

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(379 words ~ 8:03 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment