Thursday, February 15, 2018

"Thanks Dad"


Thursday, February 15, 2018 (6:25 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. I got to go back to sleep this morning. Even to the point of dreaming. Detailed, haunting dreams that helped me realize I was truly sleeping. Thank You Father.

I am having a lot of crushing thoughts these days. Repeating “I trust You Jesus” is no longer cutting them short the way it had in weeks past. I’m anticipating getting to learn something new from You. Thanks Dad.

Yeah. Thanks Dad.

My earthly father would immediately correct that “yeah” to “Yes!” What do You say, Daddy God? Abba, Father. Papa.

I’m reading back and forth between Romans 8:15-17 and Galatians 4:4-7. What would You like my take away from this morning with You to be?

“This resurrection life [I] received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It’s adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike ‘What’s next, Papa?’” (The Message, Romans 8:15).

What would it be like to truly live each moment of every day as though I really believe Your Truth?

How often do I lovingly and tearfully sing ♪I’m no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God♪? Agreeing with and trusting every word and phrase.

Empower me to live this day in Your Truth. Knowing You. Loving You. Trusting You. Believing You to be all You claim. And myself, Your adopted child (Galatians 4:5).

Work in me I pray. Teach me the things You would have me think, say, be and do. I love You. I want to honor and serve You as You wish. I'm asking if it is truly okay to simply say, “Thanks Dad” meaning no sacrilege whatsoever.

I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(297 words ~ 7:33 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment