Tuesday, February 27, 2018

"Thank You"


Monday, February 26, 2018 (8:02 a.m.)
Soooo…

Blessed God, how honest do You want me to be here? There are the thank Yous I could start with. The ones I absolutely mean. Or there are the grumps and the growls that keep showing up. 

Let’s go with the thank Yous.

You have blessed us so incredibly much. Far more than we have ever deserved.

With that being said [and true], why do I keep coming back to the crankiness?

Do a work in me I pray. You don’t ask too much from us. 
(10:20 a.m.)

You really don’t. You want us to hear that You, the Lord our God, are the one and only Lord and to love You with all of our hearts and souls and minds and strength and our neighbors as ourselves (Mark 12:29-31). How hard is that, right?

Seemingly impossible coming from me!

When I’m sitting here, reading Your Word, it all makes perfect sense. I feel empowered. Emboldened. Enabled. But let me get up and start moving around and it all just seems to fly right out the window.

I’m confessing to You right now, I am once again stuck in the “if/then” mind trap. I grew up believing that if we play by the rules then all goes well. I’ve had that theory repeatedly proven false. Yet I still hold to trying to make it so.

Work with me here Lord. You know Your plan. You know Your best. You know Your will. And Your way. Guide and direct me in it. I see myself as powerless right now. A really good place to be.

Thank You Father. Thank You for once again reminding me that when I rely on You for strength, all my needs are met. Maybe not my wants. But definitely my needs. Keep working in me until I truly believe that that is enough. You are enough! I know that. And then…

So, again I say, “Thank You”. Thank You for loving me. Thank You for planning me. Thank You for wanting me.

Today is a wedding anniversary. 41 years of “laughs, cruises, adventure and love”. Thank You Father. Thank You for the work You have done AND for all You have yet to do in each of us.

We love You. We thank You. We praise You. And choose You. Do all You must in making us into the people You would have us be. Yours. Grateful. Loving. Kind. Thank You. Amen.
(420 words ~ 10:54 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment