Friday, April 7, 2017

willing / eager

Friday, April 7, 2017 (7:01 a.m.)
Hmm, Father,

I have a HUGE case of the lazies! Little energy. Even less focus. Guide and direct me

I confess, there is a resistance within me. I don't know the root of this reluctance. BUT! I know You to be a good God (Psalm 107:1). I believe You to have a plan (Jeremiah 29:11). I am looking to You to change my outlook.

Yes Father. I call on You to infuse me with the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). Make me willing Father. Eager to thank and praise You.

Mm. I ask. You answer. A deep peace comes over me as I read Living by the Spirit's Power (Ephesians 5:15-20 The Life Recovery Bible). Father, I look to You.

Guide me in understanding Your Word. I read. I smile. I hope. In You. Your promises. Illustrated Bible Handbook titles verses 3-20, The New Lifestyle. It tells us, “Like Christ, we are to be filled with the Spirit and live as 'children of the light'.” Yes, please.

Our lives are to be “marked by goodness, righteousness, and truth”. As we look outwardly at the evils of the world, I so easily retreat to the safety of my own thoughts wanting desperately to ignore the “fruitless deeds of darkness”.

Thank You that Your Word calls to something much bigger. And better. It instructs us to 'be strong in You and in Your mighty power'. Reminding us that “we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realm” (Ephesians 6:12).

Oh yes dearest Father. As I read back to verses 5:15-17, I ask You to create a willing and eager obedience in my heart, soul, mind and strength. “So be careful how you live, not as fools but as those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in evil days. Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do.”

Yes. Please. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(363 words ~ 8:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment