Friday, April 21, 2017

"just this one thing"

Friday, April 21. 2017 (1:11 p.m.)
Oh Lord,

Grumble. Growl. Bad words. Grump...

Father, forgive me. Yes. Please forgive my decision to do “just this one thing” earlier this morning. It's already been seven hours and we've gone straight from one snafu to another. Forgive me. Mm, yes. Forgive me I pray.

Very deep breaths. Reading in Your Word. Cautions. Commands. Consequences. And examples. King David. Mistake maker. Man after Your own heart (Acts 13:22).
(2:38 p.m.)
Mm, Father. May I just say, “Thank You!”

Yes! Thank You for the love You have for us. Thank You for the history from which we get to learn. Thank You the examples of foolishness that remind us of the importance of turning to You.

Left to my own earlier discretion I would have continued letting angry thoughts beget more angry thoughts. Thank You for reminding me that You have so much more for us than negativity. Thank You for the peace and calm that wash over me when I stop, turn and yield to Your Word.

Mm, yes! Reading of the discordant relationships between King Saul, David, his wives and sons (1 and 2 Samuel), I am reminded again of how easily loving relationships can be destroyed by unresolved issues. Father, how I thank You.

The Life Recovery Bible footnote for 2 Samuel 7:27-29 heartens me. “David took the time to review God's promise to him. God's Word is filled with promises for us, and God delights as we plead those promises before Him in prayer. This can be especially helpful in the midst of a crisis. Not that God needs reminding, but our memories can usually stand some refreshing.”

Yes Father. Thank You for refreshing my memory. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your forgiveness. Use me to share them freely with others. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(237 words ~ 3:14 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment