Sunday, April 9, 2017

immensely

Palm Sunday, April 9, 2017 (6:14 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

There's another song. Another one I can't fully remember.

♫There's a new day dawning♫ A nice melody and more words I can't recall, followed by ♫Thank You Lord. Thank You Lord♫

I do thank You Lord! I am struggling here Father. You bless us. Immensely. And just like that [snap!] here come tears I didn't even know I had.

Holy God, You know every single thing there is to know about each of us. Our hurts. Our strengths. Our needs. And You are willing to fill them all.

I look to You Blessed God. Not our circumstances. YOU! You know what You want from us. You know all You want for us. Work in me I pray.
(7:00 a.m.)
And more tears. Just enough to sting my eyes and need a tissue.

Father, You know my heart. My soul. My mind and strength. Tend to me I ask. I want to praise You. Worship and adore You.

I look to Your Word. Turn in the hymnals. Yet I falter. Hesitate. Delay. Drag my feet.

Ah, but You remind me not to sit on the fence. Don't dilly-dally. Or shilly-shally. Thank You Father. You tell me not to be lukewarm (Revelation 3:16). AND...

more tears! Verse 19, “Those whom I [dearly and tenderly] love, I tell their faults and convict and convince and reprove and chasten [I discipline and instruct them]. So be enthusiastic and in earnest and burning with zeal and repent [changing your mind and attitude].”

Yes. Yes. And yes!!!!

I confess to You Father. I really don't know what is going on inside me. But YOU do! I trust You to do in, with, by, through and for me ALL that I presently cannot do myself. Discipline and instruct me, changing my mind and attitude.

You love and bless us immensely. You rightly deserve nothing less. I do not want to remain spiritually indifferent. The highs and lows of all the physical changes we've been making are taking a definite toll on me.

But YOU, Jesus, are “the immensely valuable living stone” (1 Peter 2:4) and I come to You desperately seeking Your best for us. I love You. I long to serve You. And on this particular Palm Sunday, I welcome You with my own individual cry, ♫Hosanna [“save, we pray”] in the highest!♫

Yes! Thank You. Praise You. Amen.
(405 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment