Sunday, April 23, 2017

special blessing

Sunday, April 23, 2017 (6:57 a.m.)
Holy God,

How I love You. How I thank You. How I ask You to guide me. Bless me. Keep me. Mm, yes. Father, thank You that we have You and Your Word with which to align ourselves.

Yesterday it was obvious to me and another that my plumb was off. I was out of sorts. My spirit was low. Thank You that I get to be honest with You about everything.

This morning I come before You with “the simple words of this blessing (Numbers 6:24-26) reflect[ing] God's desire for all His people” (The Life Recovery Bible footnote). Mm, yes. Thank You for this special blessing You had Aaron and his sons bless over the people of Israel (v. 23).

The Message uses these simple words to present this Priestly Blessing. “GOD bless you and keep you, GOD smile on you and gift you, GOD look you full in the face and make you prosper.”

How I thank You for righting our thinking. Back to the footnote. “He [God] is the source of all blessings, grace, and peace in life; only through a relationship with God can we hope to experience the fullness of life described here.”

Hm... the fullness of life. Yes! That is what we are seeking.

“The blessing seems to build to its final word – peace (shalom). The Hebrew word for peace means much more than an absence of conflict. It implies a complete sense of well-being, health and contentment. God offers this to anyone who is willing to follow Him and especially to those whose lives have been bruised and broken.”

Mm, yes. “A complete sense of well-being, health and contentment.” Yes Father. We look to You in guiding us in Your perfect peace [shalom!].

This morning I am asking You to guide, direct, empower and embolden me in making the decisions You would have me make.There is much to be done and I could very easily fall out of plumb. Truly I long to “experience the fullness of life” we can only find in You.

Thank You for reminding us that all our special blessings are found in You and You alone. Work in me as You must. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(379 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment