Monday, April 17, 2017

God's gift of family

Saturday, April 15, 2017 (5:12 a.m.)
Awesome God and Father,

I'm here to ask You... please guide and direct our day. We have plans. Outside of our usual routine. A day in the hills. Taking care of business. With two wild-ish ones. Well... one seemingly a bit more wild than the other.

Father, as Your child, I am asking Your guidance and direction in my speaking, my thinking, my loving, my planning and my carrying through. I confess to being stumped by my absolute best intentions and our actual outcome. You see what goes on in and with me.

Plans. Hopes. Hiccups. And loud voices. These I bring to You. Early, early in the morning. Just before anyone else is up. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7) for Your blessing. You know my desire. I am willing to change my thinking in accordance to Your will.

Your Word offers us hope. Truth. A better way. “Psalm 127. Joy can be found in God's gift of family” (Illustrated Bible Handbook). Yes. Please. That is indeed what I am seeking. JOY! In Your gift of family. Humbly. Prayerfully. Carefully I ask. Bless us with the joy that You have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment