Wednesday, April 5, 2017

firm footing

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 (6:28 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I made mistakes yesterday. A LOT of them! Forgiveness did not happen readily or easily. I allowed grudge holding footholds to take shape.

So here I am. Again. Looking to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. And right here comes a song again. I look at the lyrics and wonder if I'm distorting them to fit You. I keep reading and find other people have done much the same.

I want YOU to show me the way... Oh won't You show me the way... I want You day after day♫ Mm, yes Father. Show me Your way!

Thank You for Your love for us. Thank You that even in the midst of prideful bitterness, I knew that this was not Your best for us.

Thank You that long before bitterness took hold I had the opportunity of reading Your Truth, in my own penmanship. Proverbs 31:25 (New Living Translation) “She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.”

Thank You Father. Thank You for the many ways You take care of us. Thank You for the mistakes we so often make. Thank You for Your faithfulness. Your forgiveness. Your loving-kindnesses that never cease, Your compassions that never fail (Lamentations 3:22).

Thank You for the way You change my thinking. From giving a mighty foothold to the devil (Ephesians 4:27) to being led forward on a firm footing (Psalm 143:10). Mm, yes Blessed Father. Thank You that we get to look to You.

“Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God. May Your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing” (New Living Translation). Yes, Father!

Other versions describe Your Spirit as: good, gentle, blessed. The New English Translation references “your kind presence”. Holy God, I need Your kind presence to “lead me into a level land.”

What wonderful word pictures are painted with the many different translations available to us. “Firm footing” becomes “land of righteousness”. “Good land”. “Right path”. “Plain country”. “Safe path”. “The road I must travel”.

Illustrated Bible Handbook defines this Psalm as “A cry for deliverance and guidance.” Yes! Please! Deliver me from my tendencies toward bitter, grudge holdings and guide me toward Your level, good path.

Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God. May Your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing.” Yes. Please. I love You. Amen.

(397 words ~ 8:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment