Wednesday, April 19, 2017

unshakable and assured

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 (7:29 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You. Thank You.

Thank You that we get to come before You simply saying, “Thank You”. I turn to Your Word (Psalm 138) and read of others who remembered to give thanks to You. Thank You Father.

Thank You that I get to read encouraging phrases. Thank You how one point of Truth (Psalm 138:7a) directs me over to another (John 16:33). Thank You for the privilege of sitting, breathing deeply and resting on Your promises.

“Though I am surrounded by troubles... Your power will save me. The LORD will work out His plans for my life – for Your faithful love endures forever. Don't abandon me, for You made me” (Psalm 138:7a; 8). Thank You Father for King David's commitment to giving You the glory You so rightly deserve.

Thank You for Jesus' words to His disciples, acknowledging that You would not abandon Him either (John 16:32). Followed by this comforting, empowering verse in The Message. “I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world” (v. 33).

Yes! Unshakable and assured. Father, You know the prayers of my heart. You alone are privy to the deepest concerns that cross my mind and soul on behalf of others. I present them to You Blessed Lord and Savior. Not holding onto them like a set of worry beads. No! I stand before You unshakable and assured. Trusting You to be the Good Good Father You truly are.

Thank You, Holy God. Thank You.

Guide and direct my choices this day Blessed Father. I love You. I long to serve You. And I thank You. Even here, another song [Give Thanks] and its corresponding verse (Psalm 126:3). “The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.”

Yes Father! Unshakable, assured and filled with joy. Use us this day. We thank You. Amen.
(343 words ~ 8:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment