Wednesday, February 8, 2017

showers of grace

Monday, February 6, 2017 (7:02 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. We have rain this morning. And I learned something big from church yesterday. Pastor Ed spoke of our need to receive Your grace.

He mentioned that while Your grace showers around us continuously, we need the capacity to receive it. Adding how often throughout the day that he himself asks You to expand his capacity of reception.

Father God, thank You for his honesty and encouragement to each of us. Thank You for the reminder that Your grace [which is sufficient for us (2 Corinthians 12:9)] showers down upon us and it is up to us to receive it.

(9:16 a.m.)

What perfect timing You have for me to begin a study of Your showering grace! The rain continues to come and go this morning. I am less apt to walk out in cold rainy weather. I much prefer sitting warmly inside, watching to see what all will transpire.

Oh, but right this minute I remember a day just last week that I held hands and skipped through a water park with our much loved son as the drizzles began. Father God, the concept of asking for increased capacity to receive Your grace is brand new to me. I am here asking You to teach me what it is You would have me take with me this morning.

As I continue to practice praying all things to You, through Your Son, by the workings of Your Holy Spirit I'm learning to call on “the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit” (2 Corinthians 13:14). Even as I do so, I confess to not really understanding what it all means.

Again, I look to You for the ability to follow Your lead. Like now. Hebrews 4:14b-16, “Let us cling to Him [Jesus the Son of God]. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for He faced all of the same temptations we do, yet He did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it.”

Holy, holy God. We, as Your people, are in desperate need of learning how to receive Your grace. Teach me I pray Dearest Lord. I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to enable me to live this day exactly as You wish. Thank You for Your blessings and Your showers of grace. I love You. Amen.

(427 words ~ 9:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment