Saturday, February 18, 2017

delighted admiration

Thursday, February 16, 2017 (6:46 a.m.)
Gloriously Awesome God,

The sky truly reflected Your glory just now. And I get to turn to Your Word and read even more about it. Illustrated Bible Handbook says, “Psalm 19. Here is a measured statement of God's revelation of Himself in nature (1-6) and in the written word (7-14).”

Most Dear and Holy God, hear my prayer this morning. I KNOW You to be good and glorious! Truly. I look at Your heavenly display of marvelous craftsmanship (Psalm19:1) and I am genuinely filled with wonder. Your work is a magnificent thing to behold. And I do!

While at the very same time You know my heart dearest God. You know all the things that are happening in conjunction with one another and weighing me down. This is where I confess to You that I don't know what to do with all the sadness.

The bitterness of others. The hurt. The pain. The questions. The doubts. It all seems unending. And I feel stuck in it.

I keep reading and once again I am blessed by Your powerful presence in my day. I believe I'm just going to have to deal with all the tears. I give You control of this day. Use all of my heart, all of my soul, all of my mind and all of strength for Your good and for Your glory.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for Psalm 19 says, “19:7-11 Adhering to God's laws will produce wholeness in our life. Applying God's truth revives our inner being and gives insight – even to the least of us – into how we should live. His Word is not a burden that robs us of the good things of life (see Matthew 11:29-30). Instead it transforms us and replaces our discouragement with joy.”

Yes, please! I believe this. I know You to be True!

Verses 12-14 speak volumes to me. “How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep me from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to You, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.”

Mm, yes. Yes. Please.

Blessed God thank You for speaking Your Truth to my heart. Thank You for reminding me of the power of Your Word. Keep working in me that I would come to readily rely on It over circumstances.

Thank You for stirring Revelation 3:19 The Message back into my thinking. “The people I love, I call to account – prod and correct and guide so that they'll live at their best. Up on your feet, then! About face! Run after God!”

Yes, please! With delighted admiration! Make it so Blessed God. Make me so! Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(485 words ~ 8:29 a.m.)


-->

No comments:

Post a Comment