Wednesday, February 8, 2017

a grace note of sadness

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 (7:53 a.m.)
Costa Maya, MX
Holy God,

Thank You! We are in a brand new month and a new to us city. I am grateful. With a side, a grace note if You will, of sadness.

It started last night when I saw the number 5 on today's Cruise Compass. Day 5? How can it already be day 5? Didn't we just get here? Don't we still have many days to go? How can it almost be over?

Blessed Father, I want to be grateful. Truly, deep in my heart grateful. And I am. I know I am. Yet, there are tears and all these extra feelings that I don't find to be helpful at all.

So... I'm bringing it all up to You. Every single mixed, confusing feeling and emotion. I look to You to show me what to do with them all.

Let me remember that You are God my Father. Jesus is my Savior and Redeemer. The Holy Spirit, my Comforter. A very present help in time of trouble.

I am NOT alone here in my feelings! I can be grateful, with a grace note of sadness. Show me how this extra emotion adds to the music of this day. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(220 words ~ 8:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment